Monday, October 09, 2006

Moon festival and thinking of Birth Families





Friday night

was the actual Moon Festival date and Mei Li and I bought Moon cakes.

We got daddy- Jann to come out with us to look at the moon which he thought was silly until he heard Mei Li say Hello to her baby sister and told her we were going to come and get her soon as she ate the top off the moon cake. (next year we will probably use moon-pies).

Tonight she was playing with her dolls and had cribs out for them. She had made a mound of couch pillows and I asked her why. She explained it was cause she needed it cause her baby had to go back to China on a airplane and she didn't want to go on the plane by herself so she had to go with her. She said "Her's gonna go to China 'n see her birs (birth) parents and her birth mother said 'I miss you and I love you and I kiss you and I love you all day' I carried her to her birth mother. Her birth mother gave her a present".

Then she asked me to draw the present on paper- it was a round box with a lid and stripes- then she had to have 2 more, then she wanted me to draw a long box- 3 of them with stripes, and the activity blended into regular old art project.

I am so glad she can verbalize things like this and that I have been given a child who is so open and loving and who has such an imagination.

No comments: